Saturday, April 12, 2008

Movin' & Shakin'

At the end of March, my BFF Stacey and I had a fantastic long weekend in San Francisco & Napa Valley celebrating our 30 years of friendship over five-star food, amazing wine, and partying (a little too hard!) with the locals. My friends Chermei & Chris' wedding at the famous Auberge du Soleil was beautiful. It was a well needed getaway and I couldn't imagine a better person to have spent it with than my girl Stace! If you go, don't miss: The Slanted Door, Redd, Cakebread winery, Stag's Leap Wine Cellar, chai tea in Sausalito, Union Street boutiques, Lotus vodka, your day job.

I spent last week in Colorado Springs at the National Space Symposium. It's attended by the who's who's of the space industry, so there was always someone interesting around to strike up a thought-provoking conversation with. Buzz Aldrin: old space. X Prize guys: new space. Protesters: no space. I'm exhausted from no sleep (or oxygen) for a week, but busy prepping for my next adventure: six Asian countries in two weeks! I leave Friday for Tokyo, so will post updates from the other side of the globe.

Ciao for now!

No comments: