Sunday, April 20, 2008

Come together all over the world from the hoods of Japan Harajuku girls


...'Cause I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl. I'd get me four Harajuku girls to inspire me and they'd come to my rescue. I'd dress them wicked, I'd give them names: Love, Angel, Music, Baby. Hurry up and come and save me. - Gwen Stefani



20 April 08 -- OMG! Harajuku is even more crazy than I ever imagined! The outfits, make-up, funky shoes, rocker attitudes--what a scene! With Gwennie Gwen kickin' on my iPod, these ladies made my day in Tokyo. Can you spot me in the photo above??? :)







After our day long meeting on Monday with our partners ImageOne, we were off for our dinner adventure. Taking taxis to the neon sign, karaoke riddled, Times Square-like Kabuki-Cho district, it felt like a movie set as we dodged off the busy street into a tiny tree-lined grove, wandering down a meandering "Shiki No Michi" stone pathway to find a small, well hidden house--the Cha Cha Hana.





This Kyoto style restaurant honored the Japanese beauty and tradition of its architecture and cuisine. Our ten-course traditional Japanese dinner, complete with sake, plum wine, and beer, was amazing. My favorite was the sashimi, which was probably happily swimming in the nearby water at most an hour prior to sitting on our sunken dinner table.



Adam, Matt, and I ended the evening with an AGI team meeting at the New York Bar, located on the 52nd floor of the Park Hyatt. With amazing 360 degree views of surrounding Tokyo and the site of the film "Lost in Translation," my red, white, and blue beverage tasted even better after a long day. Sayonara!



P.S. Check out the replica of the Philadelphia LOVE Park statue that we spotted a block away from our hotel!

No comments: